Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

Something magical happened here in Austin, Texas today. It SNOWED!!!!! I know most of you are reading thins thinking well snow happens, it February Yankee girl, get over it. But it had literally been years since I had seen snow accumulated on the ground. 

My Mr. A got up at 5:30 this morning to be the first to play in it! This is why I love this man. He woke me up and took our dog out to see the snow. It was really freaking cold so at first I just watched from the window as he made snowballs by himself, and played with our dog, who by the way did not look happy about the snow. He came back up and got me and convinced me that I too should partake in the fun. We only get snow like once every 3 years here. 

We headed outside and attempted to make a snowman. After many tries it did not work, but we did make an arsenal of snowballs and tried to eat some of the snow. FYI - city snow taste like what you think it would taste like, nasty. We threw snowballs at each other and played outside before we got really really cold and headed back inside. Here is the scene outside out apartment at 5 am this morning: 


We then headed inside and warmed up and feel asleep. About an hour later I found out I had the day off! SWEET! He had to go to work still, but not before he woke me up with a huge cup of hot coco, and Nutella toast! Seriously, I love that man! 

No comments: