Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is it just me, or am I a total baby?

This weekend I celebrated one of my best friend's bachelorette parties. We had an amazing time, filled with dirty comments, penis straws, a party bus, stripper poles and of course "Color Me Bad". Janet, the bride, is going to be totally gorgeous on her wedding day. She is planning a fabulous wedding with so many little details that encompass who she and her fiance are as a couple. More on the party and the wedding plans later.

After the party I got to thinking about my wedding and the events leading up to my wedding. My wedding was a year of planning, thinking about every last detail I possibly could, picking the best photographer and wedding vendors I could. Worrying about everything, so much so I made myself sick. Then just like that it was just over! Like that, a switch was flipped and I was Mrs. A. I never got to really enjoy all the little details about my wedding that I loved so much. From table numbers to handmade place card holders I barely noticed them. Even when I did notice it I felt like I had to rush to do something else and then could not fully appreciate all the hard work that went into every single detail.

So I pose this question, am I being a total baby? Six months later I am still a little bummed that I did not take every moment in like I felt I should have. Is this totally normal and I should just get over myself? I had an amazing day, don't get me wrong, but I just always have this little twinge of regret that I did not slow down enough to take it all in. Another girlfriend of mine said her DOC made her take about 10 minutes with her new husband to step back and observe everything. Should every couple do this? Would it have mattered in the end?

I loved our wedding but if there was one regret it is that I did not slow down enough. From the time I got my hair done until the time I took it out with my new husband it was GO GO GO. Maybe the best thing is that I know how it feels and I can pass along the knowledge to my friends?

For now I will show you some of my favorite little details, some of these you have seen some of them are new, all of them I love:

My bouquet, I had it wrapped in fabric and lace from my mom's wedding dress. My grandma's baby ring was sewn into the flowers. 

Our dog was an adorable ring barer. 

I had our cake toppers custom made for my husband. He loves Spiderman. I loved our cake in general, even though I barely got to taste it! 

I loved the ceremony decor because it was super simple, even though I don't did not even really get a chance to take it all in. I was too busy staring at Mr. A. 

I took months finding these wine bottle table numbers. I don't really even remember what they looked like on the tables! From these pictures I can tell they looked good though! 

I don't even remember eating any of our hundreds of gummy bears! Gosh they look good now! 

I love this picture of us getting out marriage certificate signed. Seriously though, I don't remember it. 

Mr. A got me this necklace as a wedding gift. I loved it! I used his grandma's purse for the big day. 

Gosh I loved my long head table decor. I seriously spent hours coming up with this look. We probably spent a total of 10 minutes sitting at the table. 

I did not even see these! 

My sister was amazing the whole night. She got me these shoes to help with the pain in my foot. She is so sweet. 

Well there you have it. I have griped enough and now. Now looking back at everything, I have to say I had a freaking amazing wedding. I totally am a baby. I will get over myself and remember that I got to marry the best man in the world. I guess it's the big picture that matters.

2 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Its both funny and frustrating how much you just let slip past you after such agony over the details. I feel you 100%.

Unknown said...

I hear this from every bride. I always try to tell the brides this when I great them atvthe wedding in a sweet simple way.