Wednesday, July 7, 2010

White people burn...

Let me preface this story with a bit of background. WF and I are both VERY fair skinned people. We love that we are both white because neither of us looks odd standing next to each other in bathing suites. We also always wear 80spf when preparing to be outside for any amount of time... 

This weekend we got up at 7am to watch Germany kick some serious ass in the World Cup. It was pouring rain at the time, so WF and I just hoppend in the car and headed to the bar. We thought we were hard core by getting to the bar at 8:07 am. No no, there were crazy German fans there already. Luckily we got a good seat and ordered breakfast. WF was supposed to play golf in the afternoon, but it had been raining for days so he figured it would not happen so he kind of half ass prepared to go. Oh how wrong he was. 

After the Germans kicked butt the guys left to play golf. I did not hear from him for 5 hours, until I got a text that said, "I am in so much pain, I have never hurt so freaking much", concerned I called him. He of course did not pick up. Instead about 20 minutes later he walked into our house looking just like a fire truck. Not like fat or anything, just the same color as a freaking fire truck! BRIGHT FREAKING RED!!!! He was on FIRE, burned from head to toe. Apparently someone forgot to put on sunscreen and burned himself to a crisp trying to hang like he was not slowly melting for 5 hours in the sun. 

Seriously the rest of our Fourth of July weekend was spent sitting on the sofa in air conditioning putting ice cold alo vera gel all over him and feeding him water and pain killers. It was horrible. I felt so bad for the guy. There is a picture of this sun burn, BUT I have been told that I would be killed if I blogged it. So in order to keep my relationship with WF in tact we will not be posting it here. But some of my readers have seen it, and they know how bad it was. 

The good news he is now on to the peeling stage, not so painful, but much more gross. Poor thing. 

Hope your weekends were better than WF's. 

1 comment:

Hailey said...

I fried myself to a crisp this past weekend, too!!! I'm also a member of the fair-skinned, spf 80 using club...BUT I thought "well, I'd like to get a big of color this weekend...so I'll only use spf 15"...ok, stupid. :) Gotta love being so white!!!