Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Girls, this is not a DEMocracy, this is a CHEERocracy and I'm the cheertator!!"

We are about 6 full weeks out from the wedding an I am up to my eye balls in bullshit and drama. I am currently going through a lot professionally, while wearing a boot that prohibits me from meeting any of my fitness goals, making feel crappy about the way I look, having to save every single penny, while planning a wedding. All just so much fun. I am ready to pull my hair out and I can't take being worried about peoples feelings anymore.

FMIL is driving me slowly insane with her ideas and thoughts on my wedding. Example: It was suggested that WF's and my stuffed animals be put out during the wedding ceremony and put together after we say our wedding vows like they were getting married to. REALLY. REALLY? REALLY!!!! Now her feelings are hurt, and honestly I can't deal. I have made WF call her because I might say something I will regret.

WF after months of pushing to have a frigging champagne toast at the wedding JUST realized that we already have freaking champagne at our open bar (even though I have told him this a MILLION times) and now he is finally getting why I have been begging not to spend $400 on bottled of champagne we are already paying for so waiters can poor that crap. Give me a break.

Ok so there is lots else going on in my life but these are just some of the highlights. I am officially making this shit a dictatorship. Something that my sister and Kelly told me to do months ago. I am over it.

To my bridesmaids who are reading this, this is rant of my crazy is not directed at you in anyway. You ladies are the reason WF still has balls. Feel good about that...

6 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Ahh you have finally crossed the line. The one where you don't give a shit about anyone except for you and the groom and could care less about the ridiculous details and just want everyone to leave you alone. I think everyone hits this moment at some point.

Hang in there!

Oh, and the stuffed animals? Made me spit out my diet coke while laughing.

rena said...

Agreed - there comes a point where you just don't care - its YOUR wedding (well you and WF :)). Also, we did a champagne toast, it was so not worth it, plus DH's parents had to end up paying for extra champagne b/c they kept opening them AFTERWARDS at the bar and charged them for that (we did not ask for that).

Stuffed animals? why? oh God, why?

amelia said...

ok...definitely do NOT feel good about the stuffed animals. the *2* that were involved in my wedding weekend had a significant back story (we had the same, obscure animal in pink, and blue, respetively) and ONLY came out during the rehearsal dinner for a few eyes to see...

start kicking ass and taking names...

or i will do it for you if you want...

:)

xoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

i am at about 2.5 months until our wedding and i feel like im giong to lose it. I've been super calm and good with everything until about last week. My fiance is overseas so doesn't help with anything and one more email from FMIL might send me over the edge.

Janet said...

Oh Honey! We need to meet and hang out soon - nothing like a cocktail and a good venting session :-) Sounds like you are doing your best to keep everyone happy, but remember it's you and WF big day and that's what matters most!

Hailey said...

Hang in there, it's almost over and then you'll be happily married!! :) ...I literally laughed out loud here at my desk about the stuffed animals! Oh, the things people come up with!!!