Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekend Prep

I am mixing it up a bit this week and tell you all what I have planned for this weekend. WF and I are doing movie night tonight, Pei Wei and Whale Wars tonight for sure!

Tomorrow morning I have a meeting to cover some serious ground on the wedding planning front. I am meeting with the catering manager for the hotel to cover a bunch of questions I have about the estimate he sent me two weeks ago, including why he feels we need 30 bottles extra for a champagne toast with only 70 guests at the wedding! Half a bottle of the bubbly sure seems like overkill to me. Homeboy underestimated my eye for details especially when it comes to $1000 for champagne that our bar already has!!!!

I am then meeting with the DOC to go over decor ideas and questions I have for the venue. I am hoping she has things laying around that maybe we can use and not have to buy to help with the budget. I am also going over all my vendor contracts and proposals to make sure she knows all we are working with and the timeline of events. I am hoping this meeting will help me focus in all my DIY projects I have planned and also have a better idea of what I have left to do.

After that meeting I am off to watch the Germans kick some butt in the World Cup and hang out with Janet's puppy Dexter, who I am puppy sitting on Saturday.

Sunday we are printing up some of out thank you bag labels and getting started on assembling them. We are also going to finalize our wedding music and readings. I know it seems like a lot but I feel like I have a lot left to do and only 58 days left to do it in!

YES I KNOW 58 DAYS!!!! Wow time flew by huh?

WF is finally feeling better after his battle with the sun last week. We are hitting the gym several times this weekend and trying to kick start the last few weeks of workouts. He and I have been working hard and are ready for this whole thing to just be done with. UGH! I am excited because I am hoping to focus on wedding stuff on the weekends and during the week get back to menu planning and cooking fabulous healthy meals for us. I miss normal.

No comments: