Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yankee Deep Thoughts

With my two best friends in town from Philly this past weekend I was forced to realize a few things about me have changed since living my Yankee life. It makes me sad a bit when I think that I might not be quite as "Hard Core" as I once was.

First take this into consideration. When my friends got ready to go out for a night of dinner, dancing and drinking downtown they got dressed up. Heals, nice dresses/skirts, super hip accessories and all. Me on the other hand had a break down because I was fully planning on wearing cowgirl boots and jeans with a cute top out. I mean really, I can not have ever thought that this was a fashionable look when I lived in Philly, but here NOOOO problem here in Texas. I am not putting down the boots, jeans and cute top at all BTW I totally wore it the next night to dinner. My friends Kate and Sarah literally pinned me into this hot tube dress and gold heals to go out and not going to lie, I looked hot. So thanks Yankee friends.

Second, bugs no longer freak me the F out like the used to. I took my best friends to the beautiful chapel Dulcinea out in driftwood to take in the view at sunset. I had my cowboy boots and cute top on while they again had their totally fantastic peep toe high heals and skinny jeans on. While walking I am pretty sure Kate and Sarah thought that they might be eaten by a rattle snake or something alone those lines. Meanwhile, when the hell did I become the calm one when in a ten mile radius of any sort of bug!!!??? I am all no worries the snake wont bother us. Then on the walk back it was already dark and I saw one of the funniest things ever. Sarah never moved so fast when she saw something, what she dubbed a bat, fly past her. Meanwhile I am all no worries I don't think the bats are back yet from Mexico, we should be cool. Really I did not pee myself? Really?

Lastly, apparently I drive like a maniac now and my friends thought they were going to die several times. Maybe its my depth perception or confidence in driving. Maybe its their lack of experience exiting the highway at 90. Whatever it is I think I heard one too many OMG out of them both this weekend to think I drive like a normal Yankee anymore. The speed limit up there is 55 on all highways. Can any of you imagine doing 55 on Mopac? YOU WOULD GET RUN OVER! Here its only acceptable to go 70 or more.

I feel as though I am becoming just a little more Austinite and just a little less Philly. But don't fret I did almost rip a guys face off at the Jason Mraz concert last week for telling fiance to keep his bitch on a leash. So I guess all my tough city girl persona is not go just yet.

3 comments:

amelia said...

i'm going to need a picture of your hotness in the tube dress, ok? thanks...

Vic said...

Um, what a dbag at the concert!! People still say things like that?!

Katie D said...

Like the boots! I'm going to get some and bring a bit of Austin to Philly. I could do without the snakes though :)