Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I am just a fat kid in a (now) skinny girl's body

So as you know I moved here to Austin after college. I was a college cheerleader and was always fairly thin and in shape all in all now looking back, I was kinda a hottie (not bragging but I totally wish I looked like that now).When I moved here though, I was introduced to the wonderfulness that is queso. My weight gain begins there. From that point on, margaritas, burritos, BBQ, frito pie and anything fried were quickly added to my food catalog while coincidentally completely eliminating any walking at all, to anything, EVER. I quickly added about 15 lbs in a year. OK that's kinda normal for office workers and college grads. But then I met Fiance, and my fascination with wataburger began. I LOVE wataburger. I would get on maybe a twice weekly basis a #1 with cheese and ketchup only (notice how I eliminate all vegetables from that) and sub a large chocolate shake in for a drink. COME ON! That's amazing. But hence I gained maybe another 20 lbs in the first year of dating.
So now we are here, September 2009. Since March I have been eating nothing but healthy breakfasts and lunches, with the occasional splurge here and there. I mostly cook all of our dinners from scratch and I don't really eat red meat anymore. I have lost about 20 lbs in total in 2009. That's a great accomplishment, I am super proud of it. BUT I am still totally a fat kid dying to get out. My cravings are getting to me more and more.Today some bitch (not really she's totally just a nice old lady in the office) brought in an array of pastries from central market. A HUGE array of everything that I dream of. Cupcakes, cinnamon buns with cream cheese frosting, muffins with real butter and the list goes on. So I hear her announce she has all of this at her desk. I first react with, no I am OK but thanks. But then I am like well maybe I can go look at the stuff, see what she has, can't be all that great. BIG mistake. I saw the cinnamon buns and I was done! I walked away three times before caving and having a quarter of one. It was A-MAZ-ING. I proceeded explained to one of my coworkers that I was now fantasizing about slathering that cream cheese frosting all over myself and/or bathing it. I love frosting, sweets all things ad for me pretty much. I am literally salivating over the idea of going over there and eating the WHOLE tray of sticky buns. What is wrong with me? I took 9 months to just loose part of what I need to loose. And I bought my wedding dress already, in the size I am NOW! What the hell?

But ohhhhh those cinnamon buns.... they are calling to me.

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

I love queso. And cinnamon buns. Clearly, I am a bad diet influence!