Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wedding Nightmare


So I have yet again had another wedding nightmare. This one was about my wedding dress.

A little background information. I have picked out the most wonderful dress in the world and I love it. I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day. But as all of you brides out there know you inevitably have second thoughts or just little glimpses of fear that you will end up hating it. I bought my dress over a year before my wedding and I knew when I bought it that I was going to have these little panic attacks. But I went ahead and bought it anyway because well it was on sale and I am cheap.

Anyway, so I had this dream that I went to pick up the dress from the dress shop and it was in a black plastic bag. I did not bother to look at the dress. I put on the dress the day of my wedding and did not pay too much attention to it (for some unknown ridiculous reason) and walked down the isle. As I was saying my vows I asked my future husband if he thought I looked sexy. His response was you are always beautiful but I did think you would pick something better than a moo moo for this occasion. I look down and the dress shop had given me the entirely wrong dress! The worst part was all of my pictures were in this horrible looking dress. I was so upset that I left the reception and yelled at the dress people, who insisted I picked out that piece of crap! I was furious. I then ended the night wearing sweatpants and sitting in my room alone. It was horrible. I guess this is my minds way of getting me back for being super judgy about other people's ugly dresses.

This is close to what I had on in the wedding of my nightmare:
I dont know if I can take this for another year.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Definitely not a fun dream! I had some crazy nightmares about a year out, too, but they died down during the "wedding planning doldrums" like 5-6 months out. They came back full force 2 months out. So, at least, with any luck, you'll have a break in the dreams pretty soon!

Janet said...

Oh no! Not a fun dream! Let's try to visit your dress this weekend and reassure you that it is the most beautiful dress you've ever laid your eyes on.