Monday, September 21, 2009

Philly Girls Weekend Recap!

As I mentioned my besties from Philly came to town this weekend for a little wedding shopping and a lot of fun! Sarah and Kate are two of the best girlfriends I could ask for!

We started the weekend with dinner at my house. We cooked up a storm of WW friendly food, including an heirloom tomato salad, asparagus soup, garlic and lemon white fish, and zucchini fries. All the recipes we used I found on Gina's Weight Watcher's Recipes. I love her stuff. Kelly and Janet, my other two bridesmaids (and fantastic friends I might add) were able to come for dinner as well, so I had almost all of my bridesmaids in one place! My sister, and MOH was not able to make it :( Here is a picture of the heirloom tomato salad we made:Friday we ran town lake and then went shopping at the Domain and the Arboretum. We then went to Malaga for tapas and wine with WF and some of our other friends. I loved the dinner there and can not wait to go back and try it again. We had lots of excellent options. We then headed out on the town for some drinking and dancing.

Saturday we went bridesmaid dress shopping! First we tried Unbridaled but I found their dresses to be super overpriced and I was a bit discouraged. We then went to Serendipity where we found a SUPER cute dress that we think will work for all the girls. Here is Kate in the dress:
We will be ordering it in a brown and cream option. But honestly if any of these colors were in my wedding I would have gotten this one! I thought it was super cute!

Saturday night we went out to hill country for a wine tasting at Mandola's and then dinner at the restaurant. I LOVE that place for dinner. It's my favorite Italian place in town. WF fiance was even able to make it out for dinner and drinks.

Sunday was the worst day of the weekend, because the girls headed home. I was really sad to see them go because I just hate not living by them. Who knows what might happen though. Maybe fiance will get a job up there and I can see them all the time! After the girls headed home WF and I watched the UT football game and relaxed the rest of the day. We even found a girl on the knot who was selling her centerpieces and I bought the vases from her. I really am happy about the purchase. Click on Rachael's blog to see what we bought.

Such a fun weekend and I feel like we get some much done. I love those Philly Girls and miss them to death already. More pictures to come....

1 comment:

Janet said...

It was such a good weekend, so glad the girls got to come in town and do it up A-town style! Will have to upload and send you pics from our big DT night this week :-)