Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a lot of fun. The weekend fun did not really start until Sunday. Our friend Emily came through town to visit for a bit with her super cute son, Nathan. It was a short visit but of course it was wonderful to see them both. Then we headed to brunch with Jason and Amelia. It was so great to celebrate with them. We had an amazing brunch at the Belmont. I don't know if many people know of this brunch but you MUST try it out. It works like this. You pay $14.95 for all you can eat. They also have $5 pitchers of mimosas. WONDERFUL idea. We proceeded to chow down on captain crunch french toast, eggs benedict, migas, bacon, sausage and lots of other great stuff.


After brunch Jason and Amelia decided it would be a good idea to continue the mimosa drinking while watching all three extended versions of the "Lord of the Rings". People do you have any idea how long those movies are? We did make a pretty fun drinking game out of every homo- erotic moment between Sam and Frodo though. We passed out and napped with our dog Harry and only made it through the first two. It was a valiant effort and was a great night all in all.Monday I had to finally bring my engagement ring in to be sized. I did not want to do it at all because it takes up to three weeks to come back to me. That makes me sad. But after a long goodbye I was able to give it up. I can't wait to get it back. My hand feels very naked now.

Fiance and I are getting ready for a busy week. I will be working in Dallas for a convention and he is working hard to take care of the house and our dog. I am nervous. We are doing movie night tonight and we are cooking dinner together. I am really excited to spend some time with him before I leave.

T-minus 8 days till my Philly girls come! :)

No comments: