Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One year old wedding cake is gross...

Just an FYI in case you did not know!
Gross year old cake topper...
Seriously, the taste is still in my mouth.
I made a back up just in case!
 On the other hand petite fours at TRIO are amazing.


Mr. A and I celebrated one year of marriage yesterday and I have to say we did it right.


We started off the night with a drink at the hotel we got married in, the Stephen F Austin Intercontinental. Then Mr. A in all of his awesomeness surprised me with dinner at TRIO in the Four Seasons Hotel. We sat right by the windows overlooking Town Lake and drank a fabulous bottle of wine. It was a truly amazing dinner finished off with locally grown peach cobbler and petite fours. WOW, is all I can say.

Go there, now.
 Then we walked about 10 blocks back to the SFA hotel where Mr. A had be get a drink while he got the car out of valet. It was so nice out and we reminisced about taking out pictures out on Congress Ave.




Little did I know what he had planned. As we headed for the door he pressed the top floor button in the elevator! He got us the "Governor's Suite" with 180 degree views of the city, living room dining room, library and huge bedroom! Too much!


The surprises kept coming, he had the wine from our wedding waiting for us and our wedding album! So thoughtful!
After some screaming like a huge dork we sat town and looked at our album together remembering ever part of that wonderful day! It was perfect and so sweet. We laid in bed until 12 the next morning and ate breakfast looking out over the city we fell in love in.


 I am so lucky to have married the best man in the whole world. I cat wait to see what year 2 has in store for us! Thank you you Mr. A for being the best friend and husband I could ask for.





No comments: