Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Italy Travel Style

In preperation for my trip to Italy I have been learing a lot about how my husband and I travel together. We have been on lots of trips together, but honestly never this long and never this complicated! So we have been chatting a lot about expecations.

When I studied in Rome with my bestie Katie D (now Mrs. S!) she and I tended to do the cheap route with everthing and it always worked out. We just would wander and take everything in. We felt you would learn more about a city if you just sat on a piazza and drank some wine and people watched. That is my type of good time. Don't get me wrong, I love to sight see but only on my time and only if it works in with my wine drinking... don't judge.

Anyway, I am excited to say that it sounds like Mr. A is the same way! We plan on doing a tour during the day and then just relaxing at night with a bottle of wine, dinner and people watching. I want to really take in Italy and not just see it through musueums!

So in case you care here is our plan:

Day 1 - 4 we will be in Rome. I plan on doing all the major sights and also eating lots of great food.

Day 5-8 we will be in Sorrento. I plan to head to Pompeii and Capri and then drink wine and eat lots of food.

Day 8-11 we will be in Positano. We plan on doing nothing. Possibly taking a cruise at night along the coast. We are having dinner at Le Sirenuse. SO pumped!

Then back to Rome to head home the next day :(

I can't wait to see everything again! Katie D, I will say "Hi" to our home for us!

No comments: