Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall fashion and vacation wear preview

As I prepare for our vacation to the Rome, Sorrento and the Amalifi Coast I have had the perfect excuse to buy lots and lots of stuff! Woot Woot! I daydream of many of these things and some I have actually purchased. I usually try to replace staple items and then find a few trendy things to throw in there. I don't typically live on the edge though, so sorry if this is not all that exciting to many of you. I am trying to think more out of the box of my usual jeans and t-shirt with sneakers weekend outfit. Here is what I have come up with so far:

First I needed some fun dressed that I could add leggings to and boots and wear them at night or during the day. I bought these at old navy with 30% off! 

Source
Source
Source
Source
I think the last skirt will be prefect with a white tank sandals and a wrap for a nice dinner. I have never bought anything like this before, but Kelly and Janet said it was a go so I went with it. I blame them if I look like a sofa. 

I am imagining me wearing a lot of this look this fall, all of from Loft of course. Kate Middleton rocks this all the time:

Source

Source
Source
For shoes I am bringing several newbies and several oldies. I know it seems like a lot but I remind you I had foot surgery and I don't mess around with my feet! I am bringing a pair of cold sandals in addition to these:

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Here is the one thing that I could never travel without. My scarves. Ladies, and gents I am ONLY bringing 4. This is a very low count for me considering I counted over 30 in my closet. I freaking love scarves. I am going to buy more over there, I know it. Don't judge. BUT you have to admit it is the perfect functional accessory to every travel outfit.

I am packing leggings to make each outfit a bit warmer if i choose to wear it at night. I am also packing on pair of skinny jeans as I have been told that is what Italians wear. And I am bringing a few basic tank tops  to throw on with capri's  and my scarf, of course.

So how have I done?

1 comment:

Melizza Makes said...

Fabulous and stylish choices. I definitely think you'll rack up new purchases so keeping a bit of space open in the suitcase is a smart move.

Have fun! I have been itching to go to the Amalfi Coast for a while now.