Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The weekend that never was...

This weekend recap is going to a huge rant about why it sucked, sorry. Reviewing all the BS that happened will make you want to slit your wrists, sorry again. It is now Wednesday, deal with it. So here goes.

Friday we had our normal movie night, except when giving my dog belly scratches I realized that he had two ticks. Fast forward to us calling the doggy hospital and running to Pets mart  to buy flea wash and meds. (I was already taking him to vet the next morning but we felt we should not wait) Then Mr. A washing the dog in flea and tick bath as I try to make french macaroons for brunch the next morning. Over beating the macaroons while helping the hubs get the meds on the dog and then realizing the tea sandwiches are not quick to make. Annoyed, I then am up till about 1130 making sandwiches. Go to bed, then hear a helicopter floying around my house, I look outside there are about 10 cop cars parked across the street and three helicopters circling. I try to wake Mr.A, he tells me to hush and snuggle, says its nothing. I am scared to death that some man hunt is going on outside. So I read my book, "Huger Games" (awesome book by the way), and try to fall asleep. As soon as I dose off, Mr. A wakes up and announces he cant sleep and that I woke him up. He goes to living room, I dose some more. I am woken up by him whipping open the door and telling me to lock the bedroom door an stay in the room with our dog. I panic and do the only rational thing you can do, open the door and go find him.

I find him in the man cave putting together our gun, (why we have a gun is a whole other story) that I make him have in 6 pieces. He then says someone is trying to break in to the apartment downstairs, I freak out. We sit in silence in our living room, waiting. Now both of us are terrified thinking that the man hunt going on across the street that just ended has begun again at our front door. Well about 30 mins go by and nothing. We calm down but not enough to go to bed so now we decide to watch the classic movie, Fast and Furious because you know, that is what you do at 230 am when terrified. So we do and then we fall asleep around 330am.

Saturday morning at 7, we take the dog to the vet for them to get the ticks off of him, turns out my dog just need to exfoliate more. He has a freaking BLACKHEAD on his pee pee and that is what we were worried about. UGH. So after $150 bucks at the vet and $80 on his tick meds and wash we are not happy. We head home, I start hosting my friends at the house to watch the Royal Wedding.

I totally want to write whole other post about the wedding because it was AMAZE-BALLS. I will do that tomorrow. The girls were great, everything looked perfect. We start having fun. That's when it hits me, I am going to throw up! I sit down before I pass out and my friend Whitney helps me by making me a mimosa, because that cures everything. I feel better and I ignore the dizziness. Nothing can stop me from day drinking and wedding history!

Meanwhile my dog starts to poop everywhere in the living room. Runny gross stuff. It was not adding to my ladies brunch I was hosting. SOOO I get that cleaned up while wanting to toss my tea sandwich all over the place. Whitney, again helps me by making my dog some rice to help with the runny poo. Dog poops 4 more times in the house throughout the day, leaving them spread out all over the house like special gifts for me to find. I am not happy.

Hubs gets home, I am still sick, he eats leftovers and we pass out.

Next AM, our dog shits again everywhere we take him to the animal hospital. THREE HOURS later we get out of there, $100 bucks lighter. He needs YOGURT!!!! The dog prescribed yogurt and relaxation apparently he was stressed. REALLY!?!

SO now that my dog is ZEN I worry I am totally prggers, I have convinced myself of this while waiting at the pet hospital. I then rush to Walgreen's and buy 4 tests. I pass all of them!!! WHOOO WHOOO no ginger baby around these parts yet! So the hubs and I celebrate with mangia pizza and too much wine. All the while not figuring out why I am dizzy and sick. Ehh we will worry about that later.

SOO how was your weekend? Better than mine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word! That was the worst but I am glad you ended it all on a high note.

I don't wish potential break-ins on the worst of people. It's some scary stuff to live through.

Anyhow, great all is good now!

Unknown said...

DAMN IT! I was hoping there was a bun in the oven not tea sandwiches making a reappearance!