Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The saga continues

After I got what I thought was all of my frames spray painted and put back together I thought it was best to get a better idea of the space I was going to fill.So I did a rough measurement of the current gallery wall I had created over my sofa, then marked it out with tape on the floor. I thought this would help me figure out what I was working with.
Of course I vacuumed before I took this picture...
Turns out it was a huge help. The space was actually way larger than the amount of frames I had prepped. So of course panicked and ran around the house grabbing all sorts of frames (some of them I am not sure Mr. A would be happy about me stealing, SHHHH!)
Ignore the pictures in the frames they will be replaced with more fabulous stuff at some point.
I then started my layout to determine if I really needed to use all the frames I grabbed.My first attempt I thought was to forced looking so the second picture is what I have been working off of.

I thought this looked like I was trying too hard, but then I realized I am trying too hard and decided to roll with it.
More changes to come I am sure of it.
Since it has ironically been raining for the first time in 6 months here and I actually need to be outside (damn you Obama for coming here and saving all of us by bringing rain with your magic powers!) I have not been able to finish the picture frames. But once I do I will show you my next step, template making and hanging the pictures.

No comments: