Monday, May 23, 2011

Philly girl weekend re-cap!

I had the pleasure of attending the bachelorette party of a great friend Kate. She is marrying one of her longtime friends and an all-around great guy Matt. If you don’t remember Matt is the cop that was in a horrible accident about a year ago. They have worked so hard to get healthy and stick together. I know they are going to have a really special marriage and I am so lucky to know them both.  Right away I knew I wanted to attend this girl’s bachelorette party because I knew it was going to be a great trip. 

I headed out at the ass crack of dawn on Friday morning and landed in Philly around noon. After some last minute shopping and a tour of Kate’s adorable 1950’s Cape Cod style home we got the party started. I made queso and guac which I am sure the Philly girls thought was weird. I also busted out my favorite Oreo truffles. They are amazeballs, and super easy to make.  We hung out all night with all the bridesmaids and got to know each other. Gallons of champagne will really speed that process up! We finally headed to bed at 4am after a lot of great story telling and yummy snacks. 

The next morning we woke up and had breakfast and then headed to the real party in the city. It had literally been years since I had been out in Center City. It was so much fun to be home. We stayed at a cute hotel right across from City Hall. After we all finished getting ready we headed out for some drink’s at Steven Starr’s “Continental Mid-Town”. I had a huge fight with a cab driver who refused to make change for a $20. Curse words were said and I did not pay. I did not cut anyone, WOOOT WOOOT! I feel I have really had some growth in the cutting department… 

We headed into the bar and went right up to the rooftop lounge. The weather was perfect and we had survived the rapture so it was time to get the bubbly flowing. Kate had about 25 people at the party including her mom and MIL. I thought it was so cute to see them all out and ready to party! We ordered a bunch of appetizers and yummy drinks. I had a freaking heart attack when I paid for my first drink and it was $9. I took a picture because I had to keep a reminder of what $9 champagne looked like. BTW- It totally looks like $3 champagne… 

Bride looking fabulous.
My champagne that I sipped so slowly... It was so yummy!
My outfit for the night. Thoughts? It was the first time I wore heals in like a year.
We then headed to another bar called “Time” in the gabor-hood. Loved it, but they played horrible techno music so we headed to our final destination. We had to walk through a shady alleyway and there may or may not have been a raunchy photo shoot in said alley. It was the funniest part of the night. We then got into “McGillians Pub” the oldest bar in Philadelphia. Such a cute pub and I have been going there for years. Kate got hit on by some randoms and we all fell down a lot at this point. We then walked back to the hotel and hit the sack around 345am not without some awesome Philly pretzels and more drinks. 

The next morning the bride took us all to a bunch at the ironically named spot “Supper”, such a cute spot. It reminded me a lot of a few cute Austin spots. We had a riot at brunch sharing stories from the night before. Everyone was tired and hung over. We again had many $9 mimosas, which I again had a heart attack when I heard the price.  We had some really yummy food and then said our goodbye. The whole thing went by in a flash. 

GGAB? Maybe. But I thought she looked fabulous for the day after her party!
Right after brunch I had a few minutes to catch up with my good friend Sarah who also still lives in Philly. She took me to this totally cute little coffee shop “Spruce Street Coffee” and I had an amazing cup of cappuccino. We caught up and she of course looked fabulous! I am always amazed at how Sarah pulls off looking better and better through the years (that bitch). After coffee Sarah walked me to the train station and got me all set up with a ticket to the airport. I hopped on the train and off I went. I headed home and after a very long weekend was back in Mr. A’s arms. 
Love the heart in my coffee!
 I can’t begin to tell you how touched I am to have such great friends. Kate is one of those people who will always be there for you and never ask for anything in return. I feel so blessed that I can be a part of her wedding and maybe in some way return some of the MANY favors and acts of kindness that Miss Kate has shown me over the years. I can’t wait for the big day, her wedding is going to be amazing! Congratulations Miss Kate!








2 comments:

Katie D said...

oh Christine! Thank you so much. I love you :)

PS - GGAB

Unknown said...

You know I am LMAO right now. Not sure I really read anything after the cab driver story! Good to know you have not lost your touch... or your ability to cut anyone!