Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Conclusion

Sorry for the delay folks, this Yankee was one sick puppy this weekend. I still feel like death but I am working through it with lots of NyQuil and sleep.

Last week just before a crazy storm with no rain and lightning during the sunset, I finished my frame selection.
Then I made my templates for the frames a la Young House Love.
The storm was wicked awesome... you can't tell in this picture.
Again an awesome use for the magazines you have laying around...
I then taped them to the wall and go and even better sense of the space. The hubs even helped out a bit with shifting the taped mock ups around for me!

Once happy with the layout I began hanging the frames. The tip that Young House Love gave me about measuring out where the hooks were on the template and them hammering in the hook on the paper totally helped. I only had to redo a few frames. For sure worth the extra step.
Off to a good start as you can see, wait for it, I screw something up soon...
I only had one mishap, a frame fell off its hanger:
What a shitty hanger!

It looked like this:
Damn you cheap frames!

But this is what I ended up with:

Don't worry it will look awesome once I take out the upside down pictures...
I love love love it. Next step will be getting the pictures selected for the space and getting the matting cut for the frames. I will post a final conclusion conclusion then. That process will take a while for sure! Ugh!
Hope you like!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have taken on this same project! it just gets bigger and the same pattern moves to each house with me. I's kinda a source of comfort to rehang the pattern each move it really makes it my home. Can't wait to see your end result