Monday, October 31, 2011

Italy Trip - Day 6 - Pompeii, the site of our first travel fight

After 5 days in Italy we had our first fight. I am not really sure what the fight was about but it was stupid. I got mad and walked away from Mr. A for a while so the first few pictures I took were totally away from him and I looked super pissy in pictures. Then we reconciled, and were like "We are in Italy, let's cut the crap".

Pompeii was one of those places I had already been to but was really looking forward to getting to again. We took the train from Sorrento first thing in the morning and headed into the park. The park entrance seen below is impressive. Everything is so well preserved. Mr. A has been to Machu Pichu and said Pompeii was way bigger and impressive to see. I thought that said a lot.

Check out our photo recap below:
Entrance

The new Pompeii is in the distance. I can't believe people still live there even with the real threat of the volcano blowing again!

Always civilized, they had crosswalks so your feed did not get dirty in the streets.

The main forum.
Forum looking at the volcano
Me and the Steves book and tour.

Bakery, I need to get one of these.
Then after hours of walking around I remembered that we had to go to the brothel. The Romans were very into their brothels and there are several in Pompeii. Well one of them is actually very well preserved. I was determined to find it. After being lost for about an hour we finally found it! I am pretty sure my husband was embarrassed because we kept walking around saying we needed to find a brothel. Oh well.
Me giving the come hither to the stone bed in the brothel rooms.

Seduction...

He wanted to order this option...

Outside of the park is the House of Mysteries, there is a famous fresco that depicts a Dionysian cult having an orgy. I of course had to find this and show it to Mr. A.

Cute dog at the train station who kept begging for food. At this point we totally started missing our pup.

It was a good day for us in the end!
That night we had dinner on the pier and met a bunch of thugs from New Jersey. It was a low key night, and the food was just ehhh. The next morning though, we got up early to head to Capri!

No comments: