Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Italy Trip - Day 3 - The Day I Met the Pope

Or I at least will let you think that I met him...

But seriously, we headed to the Vatican on Day three. I used to live about 20 blocks north of the city and I walked through the Piazza many times but every time I see it it still takes my breath away. I can't believe how pretty it is. Below are the pictures of our day at the Vatican and the Museums. Believe it or not, in all the time I spent in Rome I never went into Saint Peter's, the line was always so long. You are about to see what I mean: 
Walking through the walls of the Vatican.
The square.
Waiting in line to go in... a very long line yet again. But this time I waited in it.
It was SOOOO big! Overwhelmingly beautiful.
The Pope says mass here. I am totally listening to the Rick Steves tour here.
Heading back out the front door after our tour.
In the Vatican Museum
I could not get over all of the frescos and beautiful artworks. This is a pretty awesome home!
My favorite.
Super tired at this point. We had been walking around and it was super hot. I took a breather and Mr. A took pictures.
Heading out.
After the Vatican I took Mr. A to where Mrs. S and I lived during our time in Rome. Ahhh the memories...

Our balcony was so small! We had so much fun on that balcony!
Then we had lunch and I drank a large on of these!
After lunch as we walking back I took Mr. A to the market where I used to grocery shop. I then took him to the 24 hour bakery in Rome. You can smell it from blocks away! It was sooo yummy!
The best...
There was this sweet man who took like 30 minutes picking out flowers for someone. I loved him. I liked to think the flowers were for his wife of 40 years.
Before dinner that night Mr. A and I had our own snacks. We bought all of this at the local market. It was so yummy.
That night we went to a local place for dinner right down the street from our flat. That night was the night I got SUPER TANKED with Mr. A. 4 bottles of wine, followed by Limonciello TANKED! The next morning was rough...

No comments: