Thursday, October 27, 2011

Italy Trip - Day 4 - Rome while hungover makes me angry

So after a night of getting totally tanked with the best husband in the world we got started a little slower then usual. By "we" I mean me, he was all up and ready for me that asshole...

On our fourth day we headed to Ancient Rome, or just down the street from our apartment. We started with the Rick Steves free tour of the Colosseum and our free tickets! (It was some Italian holiday, so there were festivals and streets closed and we got into all historic sites for free! That 12 euro was put to good use with drinking later on this trip...)

Below are our pictures from our first stop the Colosseum:

See, the streets were closed so we got some awesome pictures!



Me and Rick hanging out.
I was hungover, but I made this happen dammit.
We then walked over to Palatine Hill, one of the seven hills of Rome and where Rome was founded:
Walking up the hill looking back
The entrance
Really old stuff...
They had a track, where people could take walks and work out. Very civilized.
The hubs reading about the ancient Romans
I loved this tree.
They had fountains in their home's courtyards.
Where Romulous (the founder of Rome) lived. I think it is so could they know where he lived.
At the top
Then we headed back down the hill and over to the Forum:
This was all the way under ground until the 1700's
Me and the Steves Book and tour... I know we are dorks.
And then we got goofy. We kept trying to get this great shot of us in front of the Colosseum considering the street was closed we thought this would be perfect. It took a while but I am sure there is a good one in here:




Got it!
And I am posting this photo because after the whole day of walking around in the heat, we had to wait like 15 minutes for the metro to arrive. It was like 90 in the subway. This is my angry husband shot:

That night we bought our tickets via the fancy fast train to Sorrento and had dinner, somewhere with less tempting wine. And hit the hey early.

No comments: