Thursday, August 18, 2011

I am not even in and they are going to kick me out!

Source
For those of you that don't know I am a provisional member of the Junior League of Austin this year. I am super excited about joining the league and feel great about all of the good things Iw ill be doing for the community through the league.

Also, for those of you that have not guessed, I was NOT in a sorority in college. Just was not something I did. I was never told about how cut throat women can be about volunteering.

These two things have been huge pains in my ass the last few weeks and here is why. In your provisional year you are givin a project to work on. In Austin it is called FIT - Food In Tummies. The program conssists of shifts packing backpacks of food for kids in the Del Valle ISD and then delivering them on Friday mornings. Those kids get t bring them home and have healthy food for the weekend. It is a great idea for sure. The issue is these girls who have been trained by thier sororities to be over achivers and stalk the website for all the best shift sign ups. They steal them all and then people like me who had no idea how "hard core" this all was gets stuck with only 6 out of my required 27 shifts!!!! Seriously.

So now I am freaking out. I am going to be kicked out before I even get in. What was I thinking!? Kate Middleton would never have these types of issues would she?
Source

No comments: