Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Skinny is My New Fat

About 2 years ago I stared my WW's journey with my good friend Kelly. I weighed about 165 pounds and was a size 10. I never thought of myself as FAT per se, but I knew I was not as skinny as I was when I moved to Austin. On weight watchers over the course of a year I lost a total of 30 pounds. I am now a size 4 or 6 depending on the store. I feel so much better and I am so proud that I have been able to keep the weight off for another year. On top of that with my injury I was not able to keep up my workouts and I still only ever gained about 5 pounds back.

For my wedding I of course stepped up the weight loss and working out. I will be the first to admit I was a little too stressed out and I lost another 10 pounds and was a size 2, I was for sure really super skinny. I have never shot for that kind of weight loss and I never really thought I would maintain that weight long term. But I will also be the first to admit I freaking LOVED being a skinny bitch. I have never felt sexier or more comfortable in my body.

As a result I went out bought lots of new clothes for my honeymoon (let's face it we all use the excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe). Well this weekend I took all of those clothes out of winter storage this weekend and CRAP I feel fat now. I weight my goal weight that I had set two years ago. I work out and eat right but still feel horrible about myself in these beautiful clothes!

So now we come to the title of this post, what was once skinny to me is now kinda "fat". Not that 135 pounds is fat by any means but man! So I am going to be working out as much as possible and eating even better. I will be tracking my weight watchers points and gosh darn it I will fit into my honeymoon clothes again!

PS - we have a big announcement that will make this post make even more sense! :-)

Me about a week before I started WW's.
At my first goal weight. I felt so skinny back then.
Me at my most skinny. I can't find many pictures of me other then from my wedding from then. If I had only known I would have been naked all the time.
Gratuitous skinny shot of me in a wedding dress. I know.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm trying to get ready for our honeymoon this summer. It's crazy how post wedding it all comes back :) You look great! You'll get back into the honeymoon clothes in no time!

Melizza Makes said...

There's a lot to be said about wanting to feel *and* look good. WW helped me so much with my previous weight loss goals. You have the knowledge so you'll be skinny once again.