Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wedding Recap - Reception Part 1

Like 17  months later here is my wedding reception recap in several parts because there are some great pictures. Our reception was in the same space as our wedding ceremony. The hotel flipped the space and I have to say it came out really pretty. I had a very strong opinion about having round tables at our wedding reception - HELL no! I attend meetings for a living, I hate those round tables. So with a little negotiation and persuading the hotel they did in fact not have to charge me double for linens because I wanted square tables I got my way. Here is the result:

Our head table was one long family style table. I wanted my wedding party to be able to sit with their husbands and wives so this worked best for us. 

I wanted pretty soft romantic feeling centerpieces. I loved the red tea lights. 

 Here are the guest tables. Loved the square look. 

 These were the centerpieces on some of the tables at the other guest tables. I bought the wine bottle table numbers on Etsy and I LOVED the way they looked. 

This was our "Gummy Bear" bar. Mr. A and his mom took months having fun picking out all the gummies to get for this. We did this instead of a grooms cake.  

This was our cake table. We had the most amazing cake. I loved the way it was simple and fun. Our coordinator did a good job putting the table together with our florist. 

I made the place card holders myself, another idea I stole from Etsy. My MIL did the names on the cards. 

And lastly our cake topper. I ordered this on Etsy as well. Mr. A loves Spiderman so I made him his favorite superhero on our cake! 

Lot's of fun dancing pictures next! 

No comments: