Monday, October 4, 2010

Confession Monday


This weekend my sister and her family came to visit Mr. A and I. We hung out and did lots of fun family stuff! 

Here is my confession. 

On Sunday at breakfast my 3 year old niece and I were coloring "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast. Well everyone knows her dress is gold. So I started to color it in the lines like a good girl. Meanwhile, my niece took a green marker and colored right in the middle of her perfect golden dress. I may have, just maybe, had a huge twinge of OCD rage and maybe asked her why she would do something like that and ruin her dress. My husband noticed this and laughed at me telling my niece to keep coloring it that way just to make me more mad. 

Am I going to be a bad mom because I can't let my niece color the way she wants to? Oh boy. Hope you all had a great weekend. 

2 comments:

Erin said...

haha.. no, that doesn't mean you're going to be a bad mom. it just means you respect reality a little more than she does ;)

i had a similar experience a few weeks ago.. my sister bought my niece a coloring book while we were staying in the hospital with my grandma. she brought it to me and asked me to "help her" color one of the pages. apparently i got a little carried away because next thing i know i hear her on the other side of the room saying, "aunt erin won't share with me!" ooops! hey, it's been a long time since i've colored and she gets to color all the time! nevermind the fact that she's 3 and i'm nearly 26..

Unknown said...

Probably.

I kid! I think we magically learn patience after growing a human for 9 months. At least I hope so, because I don't seem to have it naturally.