Monday, July 27, 2009

An effort to document my crazy life

So after much success of my friends' blogs I thought I would get in on the act. I want to record my wedding planning, my engagement and my life as a newly wed. I think it should be a lot of fun and it will be a great way for you all to get in on the act and maybe get to know more about me.

In case you don't know me. I moved to Austin a few years ago and met and fell in love with two great men. Harry my dog and Parker my fiance. I work in downtown Austin and hope to be one of the lucky few that gets to stay here and raise my family here. I have a pregnant sister who also lives in Texas and wonderful parents who live in a far away place called Alaska!

So now that you have had the brief synopsis of my life lets get to the wedding. First off I am currently working on a venue for Parker and I's wedding. We are working with a pretty tight budget but I think we have some wonderful options and with a little creativity and a whole lotta help from our friends and family I know it is going to be great.

First off we have Mandola's Vineyard and Winery: http://www.mandolawines.com/
Let me just say this, Parker and I love this location, it is amazing. We would have booked it already but it is by far and away the most expensive option so we continue to look.
Second we have Hamilton Twelve Pool: http://www.hamiltontwelve.com/
This option is super cute and very reasonable. We really like this place too. I think everyone would have a great time dancing the night away here!
Third we have the Stephen F Austin Intercontinental Hotel: http://austin.intercontinental.com/
Parker and I are going to take a look at this place tonight. We will let you know what we think . I am hoping it will be just the combination of Austin and ease we have been looking for.

So far that is all I have. I will let you know how the visit goes tomorrow!

No comments: