Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Message in a bottle???

Or more like color from a bottle?

Mr. A and I have been trying to cut way back on finances to save for several large purchases we would like to make next year. One being a house and the other a second honeymoon to Italy with friends. In order to reach these goals we have to cut way back on everything and I mean everything. I am couponing it up at the grocery store, no new clothing for a bit and we are for sure not doing any huge Christmas gifts (we did just get everything for the wedding anyway). We are in the process of merging all of our money and looking into everything we spend and we have realized we budget an embarrassing amount of money for my hair each month. It is almost $100 a month!!!! The reason you ask? I actually have grey hair and at 27 years old it is really embarrassing and frustrating. And no it is not just one or two hairs people I am almost 70% grey. I never want anyone to see it so I am always super diligent about getting those grey hairs covered.

Well in the spirit of cutting back I am considering doing touch ups from the store bought variety. I need suggestions on good products and techniques. I want to know what works best. Am I risking a lot by attempting this? Am I being silly? I feel like this is a thrifty way to make some cut backs but I am concerned I am going to come out looking like an old lady. I will still go see my regular girl for hair cuts and a touch up every 4 or so months but this would be a good bridge between now and then. Thoughts? Recommendations?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! You can't get your hair colored in this town for under $100. My hair budget is crazy so I feel your pain! What about the beauty college?