Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Recap

Where does the time go? I have been married for two weeks now and I can't believe it! I looked at my calendar this morning and just last week I was getting back from our Mexican honeymoon (and update on that coming soon) and unwrapping gifts from our loved ones. Just two weeks ago I was waking up in my suite at the SFA with my new husband after the best night of our lives.

I still can't remember all the details from the day and as time goes by I am riddled with regret that I did not push myself to relax more and enjoy the day. It hit me like a smack in the face - a friend of mine gave me that description. I am hoping the pictures from the weekend will keep flooding in and I will begin to get my memories back.

For this weekend we did our first "A" family movie night complete with Pei Wei and wine. We watched "Clash of the Titans" a movie that I was not expecting much from. In the end I was happy with it though and even more happy to be snuggling with my cute family on our bad ass old people sofas.

Saturday Mr. A had to work all day and I got to work on cleaning up our mess of a home. I finally got groceries and menu planned. I am looking forward to using all my new kitchen stuff and all the wonderful cookbooks my friends and families gave us. That night we watched the game at a new bar called Kung Fu with some friends and then headed to watch some other friends' band play.

Sunday morning Mr. A and I got up and met our friends Amelia and Jason for a walk around the lake. The bridge is being extended so instead of our normal 3 miles it ended up being almost 5! Very tired we then headed to Austin Java for breakfast and mimosas. We then headed home very tuckered out and I feel asleep right away. Got to love the afternoon nap.

Sunday night I made Mr. A our first meal as husband and wife! I know it is sad it took me two weeks to do so but please don't judge. We had a lot going on. I made a recipe from the cookbook my friend Janet gave us called the "Newlywed's Cookbook" perfect title I thought. It was pasta with pancetta, peas and sage. SOOOO yummy. I highly recommend it.

Now back to the grind of work.... Mondays always come to fast.

1 comment:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Three of my best friends used Carli as well- shes so sweet!