Friday, September 17, 2010

Vendor Reviews

Here are a few reviews of some of my vendors that I used. I am pretty happy with everyone I worked with. There are some that a missing in there but you get the gist. Let me know if you have any questions or need contact information.


Vendor Reviews

Venue – Stephen F Austin Hotel
Let me start off by saying everyone I worked with at the SFA made my day so special. Everyone from the bell hops and the valets all the way up made us feel wonderful about us having our wedding there. We only had 70 people at our wedding, and the SFA was by far the CHEAPEST place to have the wedding! They gave us all our linens for free, lots of other décor and rental items for free as well. We did not have a facility fee, just a spending minimum for the night (which was super low). We had both our ceremony and reception there so they gave us two nights free in a 1 bedroom suite! They did a great job on the food and the beverages. Everything was delightful on the day of. I do want o warn you all that they have a new catering director who is not very easy to work with. He is still learning everything at the hotel and I think he was a bit pissed at me when I called him out on things that he should have known. He made it really challenging for me at times and I always had to check all the contracts to find mistakes. But all in all I was happy with our wedding. I will give the SFA a B+.

Photographer – InkedFingers Photography.
So far I have loved everything Carli has done for us. She not only worked with us on an engagement shoot but she also gave us many little extras and details throughout the year that I worked with her. She is always professional and on time. She is creative and works well with your ideas to give you a really personal experience. I can’t wait to see the final pictures but for now I give her and A for sure!

Day of Wedding Coordinator – Becky Sosa of Stress Free Events
Becky was amazing. She did way more than just the day of. She worked so hard to make sure I was always happy. I had a big three hour meeting with her the week before the event and she wrote down every detail and thought I had about the wedding. She then interpreted everything perfectly and beyond what I expected. She stuck up for me quite a bit when working with my location and always spoke up to protect our wedding. I would recommend her to anyone! I give her an A!

Florist – Bouquets of Austin
Let me just say that this vendor was my FAVORITE one of them all. She was amazing to work with and always made me feel like a million dollars. I had a very small floral budget and she worked with me to get just what I wanted for the price I could do. She was not the cheapest but she was worth it in the end. Everything was just what I wanted and she added way more than I asked for at no extra charge. She gave me lots of extras and rental items for nothing. What I loved best about her was I am a visual person and her shop has so many visuals to reference, via magazines, her computer and TV set up and then she took me back into the shop to look at each type of flower! I made so many changes but she just rolled with it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this company and will use them for as much as I can from now on. A+++++++++

Wedding Dress and Alterations – Serendipity Bridal
I got my dress over a year ago and I was so worried I chose the wrong one. In the end I could not have imagined every wearing anything else on the big day. The staff there was great to work with during the purchases process. I do have to say their seamstress freaked me out a lot saying she might not be able to do everything I wanted, and it made me cry a time or two when I thought it would not work out. But in the end she made everything fit perfectly. I do think I paid a premium to have the dress altered at the location, so if you want to cut a corner ask Mariana if she can do the alterations on the side. I also felt like because my mom was buying the dress for me they saw it as an opportunity to not give me as good of a deal as I could have gotten. I hated that feeling. I give them an B-.

Officiant – Sam Riccobene
He was awesome. We took out pre-marital classes with him and he wrote our ceremony. He made us feel so loved and comfortable. Totally worth his fee! A+ for Sam!

Make Up – LittleWex Designs, Sara
I loved Sara from the start. First off she was trained in LA and not priced that way at all. She was more than $100 less than everyone I talked to. She did airbrushing for only like $10 more and she included eyelashes for FREE! She was professional and on time. Always a pleasure to work with. Love her. A

Invitations – Wedding Paper Divas
I loved everything about the process of working with them. I felt like they were fair prices and really flexible. I highly recommend using them. A+

Bridesmaids Dresses – Jcrew
I liked the dress on the girls but I have to say a lot of them had to have them altered to fit them right. They all said they had issues so I thought I would give you guys that heads up. We did order them on sale though and got free shipping so that was a bonus! B

Rings – Tacori and Ben Bridge
We bought my engagement ring from Baily Banks and Biddle well before we knew they were closing. So we were so lost when it came to having my rings serviced. Well the Ben Bridge at the Domain has been amazing to us. We bought my band and his from them as well as our wedding presents for each other. We got great service they went above and beyond what they needed to. They always had a great selection. We will use them for a long time coming. A


No comments: