Thursday, July 7, 2011

A 4th of July Weekend Full of Fun!

This past weekend as so much fun. As my good friend Kelly told me, I kind of had a little staycation in Austin. Mr. A had to work all weekend so I was for the most part on my own. We started the weekend off with gin martinis at Kelly's house with some friends. I love me a stiff gin martini, they are amazing!

Saturday I did Fit Dog Austin at Zilker Parker. Oh my goodness I loved it! Such a fun workout with my dog. Any dog owners out there should totally go! We then had breakfast at taco deli, my favorite. I the took a very cold shower and passed out with the pup for a few hours. That night I headed to Hula Hut and judged all the amazing meat heads as they got off their sausage filled boats. It was pretty fun. Plus the Austin Ritas on the lake were a perfect end to a nice day.

Sunday I headed to Nordies to return some shoes I had bought and no longer could justify. I proceeded to shop with Kelly for more shoes and had a lovely little mimosa at the bistro in Nordies. Not going to lie, I only go to Barton Creek mall because of Nordstrom at this point, I am a total shopping snob.

I totally saved a baby with these shoes too.

After doing some damage and buying these red TOMS (I know I am so hipster) we headed home to have pool time at my apartment. 8 of our friends came over and we had 5 hours of laughs in the pool. It was a perfect night really.

On the 4th, I got caught up in the John Adams marathon on HBO (we totally own it and I have seen it like 3 times) I thought it was a perfect way to remember the start of our country on a very partiotic day! Then I planted some new succulents on my portch and did some other things around the home.

I ended the night by making a very patriotic dessert for Mr. A and I. I hope you all had a great weekend!


Strawberries, Blueberries, Angelfood Cake, and home made Whipped Cream. Awesome.

No comments: