Friday, November 4, 2011

Italy Trip - Day 8 - When I discovered heaven is a place on earth

There are several things that I should remind you all about this trip. One, it was kinda, sorta, our Honeymoon. Two I have wanted to go to the Amalfi Coast since I was about 8. Three, Positano is the shit.

All of these factors lead to our consious decision to go all out for the last three days fo our trip. Up until then we stayed in fairly inexpensive hotels, and took the bus and not caps most places. And we tried to keep all food spending to around 75 euro a day, including drinking!

After taking the hour bus ride from Sorrento to Positano along the terrifying coastal highway all thrifty-ness when right out the window. The hotel we stayed at was ranked #1 on trip advisor and then we upgraded our room to a honeymoon suite. Walking from the bus stop to the hotel only took about two minutes and within these two minutes I knew I had been right all my life and that I was going to love this town.

Hotel Marincanto and Positano welcomed us wish such kindness. Everyone was so nice and everything was so pretty. We had a bit of a wait to get into our room so we decided to walk out onto the sun deck. Kid you not this was about five minutes after arriving:
Mr. A took a picture of my face as I saw our view and Positano for the first time.
A nice couple took our picture for us on the sun deck. They had just gotten engaged.
Helloooooo LOVER. This is the view we had from our amazeballs hotel.
The water was so unreal.
Yes. This is a real place. I know.
The beaches are mostly private, and rocky, and the hike down to the beach was a lot so we stayed up on the sun decks a lot. But the water was unreal when we did finally make it down there.

Right here is about when Mr. A said he had never seen a more beautiful place. Oh and that we needed a drink.
I totally agreed.
We ordered a drink and hid in the shade because we dared not get sun burned. This a reoccurring theme throughout our time in Positano.
Our first drinks in Positano.

Love

After checking into our room and changing we walked around the town and found lunch at a local shop. Our hotel is next to the red hotel in this picture.
Can you tell how pumped I was. This whole thing was a trip that I will never forget but getting to this spot was literally a life long fantasy of mine.
SOOO Happy.

That night we walked around and decided to have dinner down on the water front. We both liked our meal and then of course had lots to drink. We strolled back to our hotel to get some rest after a long day.

View from our table at dinner. the water was so relaxing to listen to.
Here is where I start bragging (because before I was not) about how freaking awesome our hotel room was. We had a special suite with hot tub... on the balcony... overlooking the city. Yea it was awesome.
Hot tub for two, check

View of the city from the hot tub check.

This picture shows the lights a little more from the city.

While I took pictures my husband washed his manties, sexy I know...
The hotel sent up a bottle of wine for us to enjoy on our first night. So sweet.
View back towards the hot tub on our balcony.
That night we relaxed and went to bed early. We had a long day ahead of us and wanted to enjoy as much as we could! Actually that is not totally true, we sat on the balcony for about two more hours drinking wine and talking about how lucky we were to be there.

Next up more of how much I loved Positano... get used to it!