Monday, November 14, 2011

Italy Trip - Day 10 - The day I had dinner with Robert Downy Jr.

Well not really. But he and Marrissa Tome totally stayed at the hotel we went to for our last night in the movie that inspired this whole trip!

This what what we woke up to every morning...
Third day, still an unreal view!

This day we did nothing, seriously, nothing. We went out to the sun deck and laid around, read our books and drank. It was awesome. Notice that I did not say "lay out" because we for sure did not lay in any sun. This was what it looked like from the chairs we were in all day.
All day sun protection... you know it!
Hubs hiding from the sun. We dare not have another episode of sun poising on our hands.

But look at this view!

And every once in a  while we would get in the pool and float around. It was awesome.
Mr. A in the infinity pool.

Perfect day doing nothing.
That night we headed to Le Sirinuse hotel. It is by far the nicest hotel in town and where many many celebrities have stayed and movies have been made. Kim K actually had her honeymoon there... yea that ended well.

We started off with drinks at their champagne bar. I had their signature drink and i must say I may have been drunk after one sip. Best drink ever. Mr. A hated his but he ordered James Bond's drink because apparently this is where Peirce stays. He looked good while drinking it none the less.
Then we moved to dinner at the main restaurant. Again, I will be blogging about all the food later but let me just say this. It was THE MOST expensive meal we have ever had, and it was freaking worth every penny.
Our table.
Inside the restaurant.
We ate at one of those little tables by the water.
The city lights from our table.
There are no words to describe how life changing this night was for me. I will go back to Positano one day. I have to. It is officially my favorite place on the planet. I have to be honest there were moments of complete panic when I realized I had to come home. Seriously, there were tears. For some reason I feel totally at peace in this little town. I just can't belive how lucky I was to be able to go there! Thank you to my sweet husband who made it all happen and believed we could do it. I love you.

Next up, our last days in Italy. More about food, and where we are heading next!

2 comments:

Janet said...

These pictures are amazing! The scenery looks like something from a movie, how cool!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is just beyond stunning!